CMS has created a set of analytical files that contain data from the Medicare Shared Savings Program. There are two separate Research Identifiable Files (RIFs) that the Medicare Shared Savings Program provides:
- The Shared Savings Program Beneficiary-Level RIF
- The Shared Savings Program Provider-Level RIF
What does this file include? (variable highlights)
- ACO ID
- ACO Name
- Start Date
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) of ACO Participant
- TIN Legal Business Name
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) for practitioner
- Name of Provider Associated with the NPI
- CMS Certification Number (CCN; formerly OSCAR number)
- CCN Facility Type
- CCN Facility Type Description
- Provider Specialty Code
- ACO Location (county primarily served)
- Year of ACO Source Record
- The initial Shared Savings Program-Level RIF is limited to ACO- and TIN-level data; information for individuals (NPIs) and facilities (CCNs) is only available in the final version (see below for additional details on file availability).
- Shared Savings Program RIFs do not include Pioneer ACO, Next Generation ACO or Comprehensive End Stage Renal Disease Care (CEC) data.
- All technical questions related to the Shared Savings Program should be directed to the ACO Information Center. Please redirect your question to SharedSavingsProgram@cms.hhs.gov or by calling 1-888-734-6433 (select option 1); TTY/TDD 888-734-6563.